Create your own unique summer style and have some fun making your very own espadrilles. Everything is supplied in this popular workshop, including comfortable Prym Espadrilles soles, made with natural jute and durable rubber, as well as the following materials:
- Your choice of fabrics including heavy cotton, traditionally woven for espadrilles, and heavy denim which is perfect for painting and embellishment. Fabric upgrades are also available, please see below.
- Your choice of coloured waxed threads, used to stitch the upper fabric onto the espadrille sole.
- The leather lining which is attached to the sole before construction.
*Prym Espadrilles soles are available in children’s sizes 26 to 35 EU (UK size 8 to 2.5) and adult’s sizes 36 to 41 EU (UK size 3 to 7). Please check for availability.
- Heavy White Linen | Extra cost: €5
This beautiful natural linen fabric will be strengthened with tough cotton backing and can be left plain, dyed, painted, or embellished with beads, etc.
- Heavy Dupioni Silk | Extra cost: €15
This gorgeous fabric is available in 5 beautiful jewel colours and is especially made for shoes and accessories, by being backed with heavy cotton canvas. It is suitable for a special day or evening wear.
- Cork – also known as Eco-Leather | Extra cost: €15
This material is beautiful to work with and will turn any accessory into a fashion statement.
- Nappa Leather/Suede | Extra cost: €30
A selection of beautifully soft suede and nappa leather skins are available. Please enquire for availability of these materials.
These upgrades require 1-2 additional hours, so make sure to allow enough time to finish your espadrilles.
- Fabric Painting | Extra cost: €15 per Hour
Personalise your espadrilles by hand-painting your own design on them. You will learn how to place your design onto the fabric which you will paint and then stitch onto the espadrille sole.
- Screen Printing | Extra cost: €15 per Hour
You will learn how to screen print a design onto fabric which you will then stitch onto the espadrille sole. See here for more information on screen printing.
- Embossing & Personalisation | Extra cost: €15
Learn how to use old fashioned brass type with a two-tonne vintage embossing press to emboss, silver foil or gold foil a private message onto the leather lining of the sole, or to make a personalised shoe label.